Luggate Memorial Hall
Above: Early concept drawing of Luggate Memorial Hall.
After Luggate Memorial Hall closed in 2017, QLDC has been working closely with Luggate and the wider Upper Clutha community to plan for an innovative, future-proofed replacement hall that will meet evolving community needs.
This hall is the test case for future community facilities here in the Queenstown Lakes District, and will be potentially the first Passive House Certified community facility in New Zealand.
The goals of the project are to provide a space which:
- is a focal point for the community heart
- is smart & viable solution for a growing community
- offers a healthy, comfortable environment to help foster vibrant communities.
Please click on the image to view a larger version.
Luggate Community Centre - An interim solution
While work on the permanent replacement is underway, a fully-accessible building has been installed on the Hopkins Street Reserve in Luggate.
The Luggate Community Centre opened in November 2019 and is expected to be in use until the permanent replacement is completed in mid-2021.
The Centre is a fully-accessible relocatable building which includes a kitchen, bathrooms and a main function space and is the perfect place for events, meetings and classes.
News and updates
- Temporary Luggate Community Facility to open on Monday (15 November 2019)
- Design team appointed for district's first Passive House-standard community building (18 September 2019)
- Preparatory work for temporary Luggate Memorial Hall replacement begins (11 July 2019)
- Design team to be assembled for Luggate Memorial Hall (18 April 2019)
- Passive House approach endorsed for replacement Luggate Hall (10 December 2018)
- Detailed seismic assessment for Luggate Memorial Hall (5 April 2017)
If you would like to find out more about this project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line 'Luggate Memorial Hall'.