Tue, 12th Feb 2013
Lakes Environmental Public Forum
Over the last 18 months Lakes Environmental has been working on updating and improving its on line presence by:
- Introducing a new web site which is designed to improve the ability for customers to find the information they need without having to visit the Lakes Environmental offices in Queenstown and Wanaka.
- Creating the ability to transact on line so that consent applications and various other transactions with Lakes Environmental can be completed electronically.
- Scanning all historical consent files and making them accessible so that full public access to this information is available on line.
- Introduction of an on-going on line survey for consent applicants to give us feedback on their consenting experience
We have received much positive feedback from our customers regarding these initiatives, but we also realise that in amongst the hustle and bustle of electronic communication it is easy to lose the face to face feedback that we previously enjoyed when you visited our offices more frequently. We are currently working on a number of communication initiatives aimed at redressing this situation and the first of these, the Public Forum, is due to be rolled out in February 2013.
The Lakes Environmental Board is pleased to invite you to have your say by booking a three minute time slot with the Board at the next Board meeting on 28 February 2013 in our Queenstown offices.
The forum will operate under the following protocol:
- Half an hour is set aside at the beginning of each physical Board meeting for the forum and that the half hour is divided into 5 minute slots.
- In order to be heard at the public forum a speaker must register with Lakes Environmental. They will simply register their name and what organisation (if any) they are representing. They will be given an option to specify the topic they wish to address.
- Registrations will be taken via the website, telephone e-mail or in person up until the day preceding the meeting.
- Each registered speaker who wishes to be heard will be allocated a time slot to individually address the Board. Every speaker who registers will be given a sheet explaining the protocol for this forum.
- Space constraints dictate that only one speaker will be in attendance at the Board meeting at any one time.
- The forum will be chaired by the Chairman of the Board.
- The speaker may address the Board for three minutes and the Board can then ask questions of clarification or seek further information from the speaker for a further two minutes.
- Set times will be strictly adhered to.
So if you have an issue you would like to share with the Lakes Environmental Board, contact Hamish Dobbie on 03 450 0344 or and I will arrange a time slot for you.