The Council either provides or supports a range of different funding sources for community, sporting or recreation groups.
Funding for Events
Creative Communities Scheme
Anyone who would like to deliver public art to the Queenstown Lakes District can apply for a grant from the Creative Communities Scheme. Fill in the application form below.
- Applicant Guide (65KB)
This scheme has only two funding rounds per year, one closing on the last Friday of August and the second closing on the last Friday of February.
External Community Grants
- Te Tipuria Fund - WellSouth: to help those working to improve local food environments.
- Eco Fund - Otago Regional Council: for projects that benefit the community.
- Ethnic Communities Development Fund - Community Matters: to support the development of established and emerging ethnic communities.
- Like Minds, Like Mine - Community grants to bring to life initiatives that reduce stigma and discrimination and increase social inclusion for people living with mental illness or distress in your local community, iwi, or hapū.
External Funding Agencies
- Queenstown Lakes Community Housing Trust (QLCHT)
- Aspiring Arts and Culture Trust
- Central Lakes Trust
- Otago Community Trust
- Community Trust of Southland
- Creative Queenstown
- SKYCITY Queenstown Casino Community Trust
- Upper Clutha Community Arts Council
- Otago Science in Action
- Wakatipu Community Foundation