Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs - General
FAQs - Project Information Memorandum (PIM)
- What is a project information memorandum?
- Do I need a project information memorandum?
- How to apply for a PIM
- How long does it take?
FAQs - Building Consents
- What is a building consent?
- When is a building consent required?
- How long does it take to get a building consent?
- How do I apply for a building consent?
- How long is my building consent valid for?
FAQs - Inspections
- What inspections do I need?
- How do I book an inspection?
- How do I know if the inspection has been passed?
- What if the inspection has not been approved?
- What documents should I keep regarding the Building Warrant of Fitness?
FAQs - Other information
- What is a notice to fix?
- Do I need a practical completion inspection?
- What is a code compliance certificate?
- What about issuing code compliance certificates for building consents issued under the 1991 Act or that have not been issued by Council?
- What is a determination?
Resource Management FAQs
- What can I do on my site? Can I subdivide my property?
- Is there a difference between a Building Consent and a Resource Consent? My Building Consent has been issued. Do I still need a resource consent?
- How much will it cost to process my application? Does the fee cover all the costs?
- Why does my Resource Consent need to be monitored?
- My property does not have a Street number or a Rapid Number. How can I obtain one?
Regulatory FAQs - Parking
Regulatory FAQs - Dogs / Animal Control
Regulatory FAQs - Environmental Health & Liquor Licensing
- How do I get a Manages Certificate?
- What Licence do I need to sell liquor?
- What do I need to do to start a food business?